Questions to Investigate the Worship in your Lifestyle
- How do you make your decisions?
- The basis for your decisions points directly to the god you worship.
- How do you spend your time?
- Look at the things that take up most of your free time. There’s a good chance you’re worshipping there.
- What are the meditations of your heart?
- What are you thinking about? Writing about? Reading about? What consumes your thought life? It will be the thing you’re worshipping
- What do you dream about?
- In your sleep and during the day…
- How do you spend your money?
- Jesus said, where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Remember whatever really has your heart is your god.
- How do you choose your friends?
- The friends you picked probably give a good indicator to what god you’re worshipping.
- What clothes do you choose to wear?
- Your dress communicates what you value. Often times it’s an obvious indicator of what you worship.
- What music do you listen to?
- Music was created to carry the spirit of worship. All music is worshipping something. Something is being exalted through the message in the song. Usually you can find an idol in the midst of someone’s music collection.
- What stirs the most passion in you?
- What is it that you burn for? What is the thing that just set’s you on fire? Your affections will flow toward the god that you worship.
These are some questions that are worth asking ourselves due to the deceptive nature of idolatry.
What would you say the biggest idol in youth culture is?