Monday, October 8, 2007

Renewed Blogging Efforts

So it's been one year since we moved from Bend to Nampa. I felt stirred to renew my blogging efforts. My new strategy is to post more often with shorter thoughts and updates. The blogging public demands something fresh and it is high time I give it to them. So this is a new day for our blog and it comes with a fresh look. What do you think?

I'll be doing my best to continue to keep you updated on how ministry is going as well as our life apart from ministry. Jamie tends to feel a little guilty when the content gets stale, so she posts more often. But I'm working on the discipline of writing and will strive to be a good contributer.

Last week I attended the international MFI pastors conference along with Pastors Steve and Taunia and my good friend Troy. We had a fabulous time. There was great teaching all around but the top three messages, in my opinion, go to Bob MacGregor, Frank Damazio and Larry Stockstill.




I've never had an opportunity to hear from Pastor Larry. His slant on the 5 fold ministry and the importance of discipleship was absolutely inspiring. His church in Baton Rouge is exploding. The youth ministry led by his son Joel Stockstill is the largest in the US with over 5500 students in cell groups. I highly recommend listening to his podcast. Spending time listening to great leaders in the church is always good to stir my vision and passion. I'm excited for another year in youth ministry.

We've come a long way this year - there's a over 100 students coming to the NXT now every week and we keep taking strides forward. I'm proud of our leaders and all that they sacrifice for these people. Keep praying for us as we move forward into the God's plan for Southern Idaho.

4 comments:

jonathandy said...

I love the new look- Can you give us a link to the sermon you mentioned above?

Keep up the good work in Potato-land.

Danny Schulz said...

I'm pretty sure its not online anywhere. And they record the messages in 59 second tracks so I can't send you the file. I can probably burn the CD and mail it to you. You'll love it.

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

I'm pretty sure this is the link for the message... http://www.thecity.org/message/father_of_the_nation/

Christina

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Ok so nevermind that is the message from Joel Stockstill not the Pastor you were referring to! Sorry... still a good message though!